Software Development I: with Python
Teach yourself programming with no prior programming experience!
The open-source Python programming language has grown in capability and support to become a serious contender for cross-platform personal computing and server development alike. This self-study course introduces the student to this exciting programming language, cultivating professional software development skills along the way. Yet, this course requires no prior programming knowledge. Organized as sixty-four lessons, sixteen tests and two exams, for a total of 82 lecture units, this course covers the following topics:
• Python variable, function, class and environment syntax.
• Custom module development.
• Software development skills and activities.
• Python dictionaries, lists, tuples and iterable types.
• Command console operations.
• List comprehensions.
• Python exception handling.
• IPython operations and commands.
• Essential built-in Python library features.
• An introduction to Matplotlib.
• An introduction to wxPython and windowed development.
By the end of the course, students will have learned how to write Python projects, including custom classes and modules. The course culminates with an exploration of windowed application development, including a bitmapped graphics project.
About the SoftBaugh Professional Development Course Series
This course series helps students become more successful as employees or entrepreneurs. Regardless of your specific situation or needs, these courses can help you meet your goals. All instructor materials, including tests and solutions guides, are supplied for free on CD-ROM with any of our courses when purchased from an authorized series dealer.
This listing refers to the lay-flat binding edition, for hands-free typing.